It’s been awhile since I’ve done a ’12 Things’ life update… I think my last one was this one in July. So it’s been almost 4 months and I thought this month would be the perfect time to post one as I’m getting back into blogging. I feel like I always say that, but I already have about 5 posts scheduled and ready for December so it’s HAPPENING this time. Also, I have the posts from way back in July that I batched and never posted… oops. If you’re new to my corner of the internet, in 12 things I just post 12 (you guessed it) tid-bits of my life. Kind of like a life update. I posted one in July that I linked above, but also posted one in March and February. Okay, let’s just get into this 12 Things: December Edition.
12 Things: December Edition
- I just finished finals and am now officially out of school for the quarter. Next quarter I’m completing the last couple classes for nursing pre-reqs and I will be applying to nursing school in April. I met with my adviser over Thanksgiving break and everything is ready for applications. I’m so excited!
- Lexus and I saw “Last Christmas” over Thanksgiving break with Emilia Clarke and Henry Golding (which are both great actors) and II thought it was just okay. I’m a sucker for all the cheesy hallmark-type movies (I even have a shirt declaring so) and really any Christmas romance movie, so this was perfect. I wrote a post about one week watching Hallmark movies here.
- last weekend, I created a download of all my favorite vegan meals. It’s perfect for anyone curious about going vegan or just wanting some new healthy meals to try. If you want to check it out, just subscribe to my e-mail list below and I will be sending it out!
- Speaking of vegan things, my 2 years eating solely plant-based is coming up on the 26th! I set up a doctors appointment so that I can get a complete blood panel done. Before I became vegan, I got an entire blood panel done so I could be my own guinea pig. I’m wanting to compare the two to see the difference. I know that everyone should probably take supplements, but I haven’t so that won’t have influenced the results. However, I do plan on taking supplements after the test though, just because I think everyone has gaps in their diets and I want to close mine.
- I got a new job at a preschool in late August. Previously, I’d been nannying but I like the environment so much more at a preschool. Plus, it’s nice to be surrounded by other adults because during the day, too.
- I have been crafting every weekend. It’s like winter weekends were made to do projects. I refinished a desk, two shelves, cut up a pallet and am working on making a mug rack and rustic Christmas trees, made some shirts with the vinyl cutting on the cricut machine, made Danny and advent calendar all within the weekends of the last two months. So, I’ve been doing a ton, but I can’t want for winter break to do some more!
- Danny and I went to Bend in November and it was so much fun! We just went for two nights, but we stopped by Smith Rock State Park and hiked around. I haven’t been to Bend in a couple of years and it is one of the nicest towns in Oregon. I’d love to move there one day, but until then it’s the perfect place to visit.
- I didn’t do a ton of Black Friday shopping, but I did buy a Rode VideoMicro that I am super excited about. It wasn’t on sale, but I’ve been thinking about getting an external microphone for awhile and I feel good about actually buying it. Now I just have to use it…
- I get 2 full weeks off of work around Christmas and New Years and I am going to use that time to do some projects. It will be busy with the holidays but I can’t wait to have some time off. Danny and I were going to go to Bend again, but it will be snowy so we are trying to figure out somewhere else to go.
- I’m currently reading “The Farm” which I have been wanting to read for awhile. I didn’t get to it in the summer or fall when I initially wanted to, but so far I really like it! “10 Books You Should Absolutely Read this Winter” is going up in a post later this week, so stay tuned.
- In 2020 I want to focus a lot more on photography. Last Christmas I got a DSLR from my parents, but I’m wanting to use it much more often then I have been. I want to start taking advantage of it more to take portraits, family photos, and more photos for the blog. I can’t wait! Lately the weather has been a bit too rainy for it.
- This weekend I am planning on Christmas shopping. I usually am a last minute kind of person. So far, I’ve only gotten my dad’s present which is surprising because I usually get his last since I can never think of anything.