12 Things is a series that I think was started by Amber Fillerup. I’ve seen a couple other bloggers do this and I love to read them! It’s basically a post where you share 12 things! I feel like it’s a great opportunity to get more personal.
I’ve been wanting to implement more series on my blog, so I wanted to add a “12 Things” post once a month on Tuesday and a weekly “Favorites” post on Fridays. I will still post 1-2 other posts a week. I’m going to see how this goes this week, I might only end up doing Friday Favorites monthly or biweekly. Anyways, let’s get into the post!
- I’m so excited for the posts I have in the works! I’m working on releasing some city guides for Portland and Seattle! I will include coffee shop guides, brunch spots, weekend guides, and vegan eats. I don’t anticipate releasing them until summer since it will take a while to build up my pictures and visit everywhere I want to include.
- Danny, my boyfriend, and I have been watching “How I Met Your Mother” for the last couple of months. We love the show and are already on season 7! Does anyone else feel GRIEF when you’re coming to the end of a TV series?
- I am so blown away by Danny last week on Valentine’s Day. It was our first V-Day as a couple and he was just the sweetest. I love the flowers he got me!
- Girl Scout season is in full swing right now and I am OBSESSED with thin mints! I discovered last year that they are vegan and although Samoas were my favorite before becoming vegan, these are my new fav!
- My car is at the shop right now and they’re not sure what’s wrong with it. As soon as I get it back I am going to start going to the gym in the morning and start a consistent schedule! I’ve been slacking recently after switching gyms.
- We’re planning a trip to Charleston for this summer! I read this post and I was so surprised by Charleston’s vegan food scene. The food looks so yummy!
- I’m taking Human Anatomy & Physiology right now so I can apply to an Ultrasound or Dental Hygiene Program. I have a test on Wednesday that I’ve been stressing major for! My brain has been so occupied lately that I’ve been procrastinating studying! I totally use blogging to procrastinate even more. I’m working on it though!
- Last week I made my first $10 blogging! That may not seem like a lot, BUT we all have to start somewhere right? I’m only on my second-month blogging so that’s pretty encouraging especially because I’m not blogging to make money. Any money I make will just go towards running my blog and paying off the investment to start it! It would be super cool to break $100 in March.
- It snowed a TON in Washington last week. The snow seemed to have just barely missed Vancouver, though. We got about two inches but it had melted by the next day when the sun came out. I’m totally bummed and wish I had the chance to take more super-cute snow pictures because it never snows around here!
- Lately, I’ve been super paranoid about my eyes because of how much time I spend looking at screens. The wavelength of the light emitted by screens (TV, computer, phone, etc.) can speed up the development of cataracts and other eye-related diseases. I realize this sounds like a total conspiracy, but this is the concept we are working on right now in A&P. I ordered these blue-light blocking glasses that change the wavelength of the light to a less harmful wavelength. I’m also going to the optometrist and I just know I’m going to end up leaving with glasses because my eyes have been so tired and I’ve been getting killer headaches lately.
- My friend Lexus just started her blog! I’m super excited to know someone in person who is also running a blog and also to collab with her in the future!
- It’s almost spring break! I will have a month off from school from March 19th – April 8th. It’s only a month away and I am super excited to have more time to blog and work and not have to worry about exams!
Have a good Monday everyone!
I’ll return next month with another life update in the form of a “12 Things” post just to update you about some life tidbits!
If you’re wanting another read, check out some of my other posts:
- Healthy Habits for 2019
- 8 Ways to Create the Life You Want
- 10 Ways to Stay Motivated to WORK OUT in 2019
- 10 Ways to Get Back Your Motivation
Enjoyed my post? Share it with your friends or pin one of the pictures below!